Saturday, March 14, 2009

Talking, Talking and More Talking

This is Zane saying a few of my favorite sayings lately. I was trying to prompt him so I could get it on tape, but usually he says them totally on his own without any prompting. When we ask him where someone is, he either says, "he's at work" or "he's at his house" One time when we asked where Grandma Shirley was, he said, "Grandma Shirley is at Pappy's house." He does it with his toys too, when we ask where they are, or sometimes he'll tell us they're hiding.

Now, every time Zane burps or farts, he says, "Excuse me" He even says it when we do it. The best was last night when he passed gas in the tub and said, "Bubbles! Excuse me. " Then he giggled because he knew it was funny.

He also heard me say, "Are you kidding me?" once and copied it perfectly. Now he says it on his own. He says, "awesome" the same way he uses, "ok." and really says it with expression!



Some other things he's been saying lately:
* Tells the feelings of himself or things, like "he's happy" or "she's sad" or "she's crying" or "that's silly" etc.
* "Where's all the people?" "Where'd they go?"
* "Get a book... read on couch."
* "I got it!"
* "How you doing?"
* Words like push, pull, open, close, dark, light, off, on with the object they are with
* He tells us to "come on." He'll say, "Come on, Mommy" or "Come on, Doggie."
* "Dada's turn" or "My turn" or whoever's turn it is."
* "Ride a bike" and "Fly a Kite" and "Take a shower"
* "Love you, Mommy."
* When he fake eats something, he says a big long "mmmmm"

No comments: