Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Few More Things About Zane...

*Today he said perfectly, "I'm playing with my dinosaurs. They say ROAR. They are nice."

*He can list all the animals that live in the desert, ocean, forest, and farm.

*We like to play guessing games...I will make an animal sound and he guesses the animal, or I will hum a song and he will tell me the song and who sings it.

*When we go through a drive through, he asks for chicken nuggets, french fries, and Diet Coke because of Chic Fil A and he calls every drink Diet Coke. Yesterday, I picked up a prescription at Walgreens drive through and he asked for those things. Seriously, that is sad.

* Yesterday I said that I don't feel good and Zane said, "Mommy's sick. Mommy Tylenol." And he said it in a sad voice and gave me a hug. :)

* He says, "Does that sound good?" Also, "See ya later, I'm going to the store. I'm going shopping." (and he grabs a bag and acts like he's walking out the door) He also says "I 'm checking my email" (when he wants to get on the computer.)

* He recognizes and names dump truck, tow truck, cement truck, tractor, train, engine, police car, fire truck, school bus, car, motorcycle, helicopter, airplane, truck, bike, skateboard, scooter and I'm sure others. He also knows that a red light means stop and a green light means go and says it when we're at stop lights while I'm driving.

* Yesterday, when I was making a smoothie, he said, "Woah, Mommy, that's a loud noise!"

* He knows to say he's eating, breakfast, lunch, or dinner, or snack.

* Yesterday, the moon was out during the day, and he said, "Moon! It's night night time. Stars?" :)

* He tries to share toys and food with Emerson and then, when she doesn't take them he says, "She's too little."

I just love my little guy and am amazed at how much he knows and says and learns everyday. He's awesome and I don't want to forget all these little things that happen everyday!

3 comments:

Lori Arnold said...

I know that I have said it before, but I am going to say it again... I just love your blog. I love getting a glimpse into everyday life with your kids and, although we only see you once a year or so, I feel like we know so much about Zane and Emerson and that means so much to us.

Unknown said...

Jos, both Zane and Emerson are just going to LOVE that you took the time to record all of these things about them one day. You are such a great mom!

Ed said...

Thanks for sharing these small day-to-day things...each is gold and you are wise to write them down. Your kids are so lucky to have you and Zack as parents!