Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Reading

Here's Zane "reading" some books.

He has "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See" totally memorized, so it was fun to see him try this one with different animals in it...

Baby Bear Baby Bear, What Do You See? from Josie Weingartner on Vimeo.



So you can understand what he's saying, this next book says,
"I wrote to the zoo to send me a pet. They sent me an elephant. He was too big. I sent him back. So they sent me a giraffe. He was too tall. I sent him back. So they sent me a lion. He was too fierce. I sent him back. So they sent me a camel. He was too grumpy. I sent him back. So they sent me a snake. He was too scary. I sent him back. So they sent me a monkey. He was too naughty. I sent him back. So they sent me a frog. He was too jumpy. I sent him back. So they thought very hard, and sent me a dog. He was perfect! I kept him."

Dear Zoo from Josie Weingartner on Vimeo.



When he doesn't have books memorized, he makes up stories for them and also likes to sing them sometimes. My little reader. :)

4 comments:

Phil and Callie said...

Isn't it funny how they love the books with the repetition like that? I haven't heard of either of those books, I'll have to go find them next time we are at the library. Love the new videos:)

SMB said...

So cute. Emily loves to read her books too. Now, when I read to her, sometimes she'll be playing and she just sees me turn the page and "reads the page" without even looking at it.

Lori Arnold said...

Oh, this brings back so many memories... Matthew loved Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? and Moo, Baa, La, La, La when he was Zane's age!! :-)

Crystal said...

orange dog ... love it! maybe that's what i'll start calling foxes from here on out!