Sunday, July 17, 2011

Boys at Hanging Lake

Zack here...
Last weekend I got to take Zane on his first real hike to Hanging Lake in Glenwood Canyon (3 and a half hours each way on I-70!). He was a champ!! My friends were in awe as he just busted his way up the mountain that had warning signs of being a "very difficult" and "treacherous" hike. He passed people, waved at them, and was a hit with everyone.

Most of all, it was just an awesome time for the boys to bond in nature, doing "guy stuff". I'll never forget the end of the ascent, where we walked up to the pristine, crystal clear water. My friends walked out on a log that spanned the middle of the lake, but Zane and I stayed back because I was afraid to have him fall in. He hung his head in sadness.

So, scared as I was I took him onto the log where I saw a joy on his face that I have only seen a few times, ever. It was just awesome and brought tears to my eyes. What an awesome kid!

The feeling faded as I carried him down half the hill in a driving rainstorm, but those tales shall be buried for the joyful ones!













No comments: