Friday, May 8, 2015

Easter

Was Easter really a month ago?  Oops.  Better late than never on pics, right?  I love my sweet monkeys and I love how much they love holidays.  This year was great because they really really understand the real reason why we celebrate Easter. But at the same time, had a blast celebrating! I'm thankful for my family.

The Easter bunny actually came a night early, since Zack had to work early on Easter morning. We texted him to let him know. The kids were happy it worked. So they got to open their baskets Saturday morning instead. 



We have been surprised three years in a row now, by a big Easter Egg hunt set up for us overnight before Easter.  The kids knew they could expect it and were so excited when they saw the eggs were there again.  Poor Smith woke up not feeling well so he was dragging a bit...





Checking out the candy and treats they got.







Then, that morning we went to church with a bunch of family.

I. LOVE. THIS. PICTURE.

Silly monkeys

At church, they made the big announcement about Zack's new position!  Its a huge deal - he's the campus pastor for our new church campus, downtown at Paramount. Zack got to go on stage for the announcement.  I'm beyond proud of my husband and can't wait to see what all God has planned for the new church campus!
Since Smith didn't feel good, he sat with me during church.  We snuck out and ate a snack took some selfies while we waited for the others.



After church, we headed over to Jord and Ben's house for a huge Easter egg hunt and time with family.
Smith still did not feel good.  Poor baby.
Good thing Zane wore his football gloves - he didn't want any eggs slipping out of his hands.




Back in time - the night before, Emmy helped us get ready to dye eggs. She's getting so big.  And by the way, the donut leggings are my absolute favorite. :)




This cool guy dyed some eggs too.


Back to Easter, the big kids and I went on a bike ride later that day since it was absolutely beautiful outside.  Zack stayed home with sick Smith, who ended up with a super high fever and bad tummy.


No comments: