Saturday, January 8, 2011

Updates

Zane:
He pretends to read things all the time. Yesterday, he was "reading" the newspaper and said in a serious voice while pointing to the words, "Oh, no, Mommy. This is really bad news. It says that kids were pushing at Monkey Bizness" (an indoor playplace).

He told me, "Cadence (his friend at school) and I were talking at lunch yesterday. We talked all about the movies that we've seen in the theaters." He just sounds all grown up sometimes.

I casually told Zane that when he listens to us and obeys, it's a way to show us he loves us. I had no idea that he would grab onto that so much. Several times a day now, in the midst of getting upset or misbehaving, he'll doing it and say, "Mommy, I'm listening to you. I'm showing you I love you."

I asked Zane hypothetically if he was going to have another baby brother or sister, what would he name them. He said he'd name a boy "Little Mister" and a girl "Cookie."

He loves having "Pajama Parties." Today, he asked Emmy to go upstairs with him to help pick out a new pair of underwear and pajamas for their party. I could hear him talking so sweetly to her, saying, "No, I don't think I want those this time. How about these?" They both came down with PJs ready to have their party.

Zane's been into super heroes and villains lately. He comes up with such creative super powers, vocabulary, and stories surrounding different characters. I can't even believe what he comes up with. When we play "The Incredibles," his character is "Dash," the fast little super hero boy, so he's been getting lot's of exercise running everywhere and has been doing everything fast.

He says, "If you exist" instead of "If you insist" and says, ""berember" instead of "remember."

Emerson:
She helps Zane with his puzzles by giving him pieces and she cheers and claps for him when he gets a piece right.

Her words are getting more clear and she's starting to talk all the time. She copies every single thing Zane says. A lot of it is still not understandable but a lot is now. :)

She's pretending so much better too. I LOOOOVE watching her imagination grow - it helps that her brother is constantly imagining things. She pretends things are suckers or ice cream. She pretends her baby is crying and makes crying sounds and then takes care of her. She acts like a dog and bunny a lot. And all sorts of other things.

She likes Elmo and Dora shows the best.

She knows what character she plays in our role-playing games. So, if Zane ever tries to switch her to a different character, she argues with him. He tried to make her be a robot in a Scooby Doo game, but she got upset and kept saying, "No, I'm Scooby Doo!!"

When I drop Zane off at school, she goes and joins in with whatever the kids are doing...cutting, magnets, blocks, etc. She wants to be big so badly.

She loves wearing sunglasses, hair clips, and when she talks on the phone, she rests it on her shoulder.

Emmy talks a lot about how things are her own or if Zane has his milk she asks for her own. A few days ago, I took a lick of her ice cream cone and she yelled, "No, Mommy! Your own!"

She also uses phrases like, "Where's the other one?" "I don't know" "I want that one." and others.

When she trips or falls, she pops right back up and yells in a really high, squealy, excited voice, "Woah, I fell down!!!"

When she purposely does something naughty - like throws food on the floor or takes something away and we tell her no, she usually just laughs like it's funny. She also doesn't mind being in time-out at all. She usually just sings to herself and smiles up at me. What a stinker.

When she sees characters in books, TV, or other places, she points out who reminds her of herself or Zane or us. She says, "That's me!"

She still gets nervous when the trash truck comes and runs to me. Any loud noise usually makes her a little bit uneasy. The other day, Zane was fake roaring like Shrek, and she got really scared and started crying so hard. Zane thought it was funny and we kind of did too, but felt bad for her!

No comments: