Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Granny

Yesterday, as we celebrated Granny's life, I realized more than ever just how much of an impact she had on my life and so many others' lives. She dedicated her entire life to loving and serving God and others. She was a firm foundation of our family and I know she's a big reason why our family is so close to each other. Hearing all the stories of her life story and examples of her extraordinary character just made me want to strive to be as similar to her as possible. One of the coolest things was seeing several of her young neighbors at the funeral, and hearing them talk about how much they loved Granny and how thankful they were for all she did for them - of course along with a huge group of other people who loved and adored her.

We will miss her so so so much, but I know she's happy in Heaven. Zane told me he thinks she's an invisible angel who will take care of us now and that she's playing games with God up in Heaven - I definitely believe it.

These are pictures from about a month ago when we were able to celebrate her 100th birthday. It was so amazing to get to party with 5 generations of family members. :)

Sweet Granny...

Zane with his cousin Maylee.
My sisters, mom, and I with Granny and Gramps.
Zarg the pirate, saying "Arrrrrrg!"
Silly face.
Emmy with Maylee.

1 comment:

Phil and Callie said...

I really wish we could have been there for the funeral, but I'm SO glad we were there for that party.:) That is so sweet what Zane said. She will be so greatly missed.