Friday, April 18, 2014

April

Some moments are just the best.  I never want to forget this moment, when Zane and Emmy were reading a book together and CRACKING UP.  MoWillems, the kids' author, has brought so much laughter into our lives.  Zane read the "Gerald and Piggy" series of books when he started reading and now Emmy is reading them...






 Concentrating on painting her masterpiece

 This is what Smith does when I ask him to say cheese...





 My big guy

 I get to spend 3 mornings a week with Smith and Molly or sometimes just Smith.  I try to take the two of them to fun things each of those mornings.  One day we go to story time at the library. Another day we go to their gym class.  Other times, we go to indoor play places, parks, etc.  It's always interesting having two toddlers in public. I've had some embarrassing moments for sure!
This day, they both zonked out on the drive home from the library.

 This guy has not lost 4 teeth and is about to lose a couple more.  His top two baby teeth are so small and cute.  He's going to look so grown up when his new teeth come in!
 

 Silly Molly


 This page out of a kid's book that cracks me up...
 We love our indoor play place at the rec center.  Smith flies down these slides, gives me a high five, and runs up again.


 All the kids love it.  Molly can go by herself now, with a little help from her best buddy Emerson.  I love their faces, full of joy.
 Emmy and I made the best smoothie with our new blender.  We were so excited to use it for the first time.  This girl loves smoothies.

 Smith and I took Emmy to a field trip at the Butterfly Pavilion.

She sat with her friends for the presentation.

 We got to pet a hissing cockroach.
 And check out the butterflies of course.






 Climbed the spider web
 My sweet little man got a haircut.

 Emmy was watching a movie and she thought a part was scary and asked Zane to scoot to sit close to her.  He took this request so seriously and immediately sat right by her and put his arm around her to protect her. The best.



 Lately, Zane has started a few new projects. He is almost always working on something big.  The past few days and weeks, he's been alphabetizing a box of 1,000 baseball cards by their first names.  He's spent hours on this.  He has also been reading a ton about and researching presidents and taking notes on the important things. He is so fascinating to me and I love how unique and creative he is.

 Emmy got to do an Easter egg hunt at school.  We all brought in 12 eggs, since there are 12 kids in the class. And each student got to search for a certain number, so ended up with one from each family.  My sweet pea loves to search for eggs.

 One morning this past week, Smith and I spent the morning together at the library and then at a park.





Emmy and I got to have a one on one date.  We went to a park, got haircuts, and went out for ice-cream. 



 Waiting for her haircut


 Emmy took some pictures while she was waiting for her turn.








 Silly faces...






No comments: