Sunday, March 30, 2014

Spring Break

This past week was our spring break.  We packed in as much as possible of course.  It was so great to have my 3 cuties with me all day every day.  Molly was on vacation with Jord and Ben so it was just the four of us most days and Zack even took a day off and spent a few days with us too.  I'm kind dreading Zane being back at school all day again...except for by the end of the week he and Emmy were going at each other.  I think they may be ready for a little break from playing with each other every second of every day.
I'm getting excited for summer break!

These guys have been obsessed with playing with Legos. Zane finally finished his new Lego Movie set that he and Emmy bought with their own money. They played and played and played and played.  Smith is joining in some now too.  He pretty much just takes the heads off the little people and then puts them back on.  He concentrates so hard the whole time. Haha.
I know I have said this a zillion times, but I love when they all 3 play together.  It makes me so happy.


 Smith has been so into Superheroes lately. Sometimes he wants to wear his costume to bed.  This night, I found him sound asleep with the whole thing on, even his mask.



 Earlier I took some cute pics of my sweet little man.  He's so irresistible right now.  Talking a ton, cracking us up, playing with the big kids, giving lot's of hugs, and lot's of wrestles. :)






 The first day of break, Zack got hit with food poisoning or flu.  He was SICK, so the kids and I bailed out and went to the pool.  We called Judi and Bob last minute and they joined us.  It's awesome having a 3-3 adult-kid ratio!!!  They get to go on the big slides, lazy river, get launched, spray us, etc. So fun.




 Hanging out at church.  Silly monkeys.




 One day, we drove down to Parker to visit my cousin Stephanie and her family.  The kids had fun playing and got to eat lunch on the couch while watching TV.  Wow, they thought it was so cool.


 Then we headed over to the big Monkey Bizness. I was worried it would be too big for Smith but he could do everything, so it was a blast for all 3 kids. Tons of climbing, jumping, sliding, playing.






 Smith could climb up and slide down this enormous slide completely by himself.  I couldn't believe it. That's him sliding.
 Air hockey



 Another day we went to the Children's Museum with my great friend Katy and her 3 boys. I'm so thankful to have a membership there.

Emmy dressed up like an ant

 Painting


 My vets taking care of the puppies

 The park afterwards...
 During this break, I also went through all the kids' clothes and switched out new Spring clothes and took out too small or too warm of clothes.  These are just some...
 Zack and I got to have a date night when he normally would have been at youth group.  We walked around a lake and then ran some errands. Bliss!
 Most of my family was in Oregon this past week enjoying the beach house.  We couldn't go, so my grandparents sent me flowers to just say sorry they left us behind. I love them so much - so sweet.
 One morning, we tried a new activity.  We drove up to Longmont to try their "Discovery Days." Each week they have a different theme and have all sorts of crafts and art projects the kids can do.  They loved it.  I had to try it because it was super hero week.
 They made capes, masks, power bracelets, and rings.





 Oh, and there was a face painting table. :)

 We had to try a new park before heading home...


 We had coupons for free kids' meals and Benni Hana's, from last summer's library reading program.  We had never taken the kids to eat there before.  They thought it was really fun watching them cook on the table. The cook joked around with the kids a bunch and even little Smith was cracking up. Their favorite part was the ice cream at the end of the meal.



Zane got to go to a super fun birthday party in Highlands Ranch.  His friend Charlie had a Ninjago party - they all dressed like Ninjas. Zane has the white mask and black outfit on. That's Charlie's Dad (Sensei Luke) in the back.  LOL
 Silly faces.  6 year old boys are fun.

 We did lounge around a little bit. They were snuggled in watching TV in their jammies.

 We got to go to the zoo with Zack.  We met up with JOrd and Ben and Molly for a little bit of it too.

This was them finding the fox. And Smith was calling him with the sounds from the Fox song.

 Eating lunch at the zoo






 I love this wonderful little girl...

 I had to take a pic of the monkey that has come up to us several times and showed us his teeth.  He's crazy! This time, when he walked right up to us and showed us his sharp teeth, Smith got so scared and started crying really hard.  Poor guy.
 Dada - Emmy time







No comments: