Thursday, May 28, 2009

Our Park Adventure

Yesterday, Zane, Emerson, and I went to the park. It was extremely eventful and by the end we were all exhausted. It took me forever to get us all ready, so we didn't leave until about 11:30 and since it was so late I knew Zane would want to eat lunch so I packed us a lunch. I also packed an extra bottle for Emerson.

Anyways, once we got there I realized just how windy it was, which was hard for little Emmie to breathe and especially to sleep so I ended up having to hold her wrapped in blankets most of the time instead of leaving her in the stroller. Zane and I ate lunch together at the picnic table, which was really fun. Then he played and played. Once when I checked on Emerson, I turned around to look at Zane and he had climbed up these really high scary stairs by himself. I basically had a heart attack and almost fainted and ran over to make sure he was ok. Yikes! He also found kids to play soccer with and chased them around a bunch.

On the way home, Zane was overtired, so was crying and wanted to be carried. I was carrying him with one hand and pushing the stroller with the other and while crossing the street with cars waiting I dropped a blanket in the street. When I picked it up I bonked Zane's head on the stroller so he cried even harder the rest of the way home. Let's just say, we had a great 2 hours but I was glad to be home.
We played with our tennis ball and football on the tennis court for a VERY long time. He loved just throwing or bouncing the ball or throwing it over the net (Gigi taught him that game) and then chasing it. When I tried to beat him to the ball, he cracked up. It's amazing how much fun you can have with one small ball.


I had to get some video of him running...cute little guy! He was so giddy and giggly the whole time. It was good play time with mom while Emerson was in her stroller trying to get breaths in between wind gusts. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Josie,
I so remember these kind of outings. You will look back with great fondness. It is true.
Your blog is great! I love it and you 4.
Ann

Lori Arnold said...

I just love the excitement and giggles as he is throwing the "tennis ball" over the net. What fun!!

Ed said...

A natural athlete in the making! Love the excitement he displays, you can tell he is having a kick.