Saturday, May 9, 2009

Zane's Baby Sister is Here!!!

Emerson Ruth joined the Weingartner family on Monday, May 4th, 2009 (9 days early)! She was born at 8:33 after almost 24 hours of labor and luckily only about 10 min. of pushing. She weighed 8.1 lbs and was 20 1/2 in. long.

I can't believe a week has almost passed already. So much has happened in her first week, I'm not even sure where to start. Here are some of the highlights (ups and downs) so far:

-She sleeps a LOT...way more than Zane did at first. I'm thinking this may change, but for now it's amazing how well and how much she sleeps.

-Zane has been nothing but awesome and sweet with Emerson. He offers he comfort items when she's sad, helps me burp her, asks for her when he wakes up, plys peek-a-boo, announces to us what she's up to all the time, and usually calls her "baby sista." He wants to do what she's doing and thinks it's funny to take her pacifiers and other things, but then gives them back. He has been super gentle and simply amazing. It's seriously made us love him a million times more watching him be a big brother.

- Health issues in our family since she was born:
Josie: Puking and nausea all day Sun, bad tummy Wed., little surgry to fix delivery surgery, UTI, cough
Zack: Stomach flu all night Friday and Saturday
Zane: Horrible diarrhea for past two weeks alomg with some puking, kept him up all night on Thursday night, allergic reaction to something Friday (completely swollen and red face and body)...went to E.R. He's ok now
Emerson: lttle bit jaundiced, too much weight loss at first, but all is ok now!

- Already changed close to 100 diapers between the two of them and done two loads of stained laundry!

- Have loved, loved, loved our two babies, I mean our baby and our BIG BOY!


Right after she was born, she looked at everyone who was talking to her and really seemed to be paying attention.



Sleeping like usual. This picture looks exactly like one we have of Zane!


This is from the hospital, right before going home.

All buckled in and ready to go home.

Zane is so big compared to Emerson, it's unbelievable.
Zane's Grandma (Gigi) sent this to say congratulations on being a big brother. It's been a hit in our house all week!!
Two pacifiers at once...what talent.




She likes to sleep on her side, just like Zane did.
Trying to burp her and wake her up. Wow, that's hard!

10 comments:

Lori Arnold said...

I love the video, especially those eyebrows!!
And, I love the look on Zane's face as he is looking at you as the three of you are sitting on the couch!!
I am so happy for ALL of you... We will be praying for healthier days ahead!!
Happy Mother's Day, Josie!!

Crystal said...

SO SWEET! Looking forward to seeing you guys on Friday ...

Ashley said...

Thanks for the update!
That's cool that she sleeps so much. It must be a second child thing because Randy slept ALL the time--my mom could even vacuum without waking him up! (19 years later and that hasn't changed, ha)
But I was telling Zack that Zane (like me! haha) is a typical, perfect oldest child. It's cool that he's already being so responsible.
I look forward to seeing you and Emerson soon!

Derrick, Shelbie, kai, Addalyn and Eli said...

Wow, so glad Zane has adjusted amazingly! Good to hear it happens! Bummer you've all had to be sick this last week--adding another dimension I'm sure! Looks so fun! You guys make us excited...maybe next weekend we'll be in similar "shoes"?????? Can't wait to see you guys!

Ed said...

I know how little time you have, thank you for sharing this window with us. Lori and I are more grateful than we can express in words, the distance falls away with each picture and sentence. Thank you!

Zane has only known love and acceptance, so it is natural for him to show those qualities to his little sister. Makes me think of the love and care you showed for your own little sisters. The fruit does not fall far from the tree!

Happy Mother's Day X 2!!! God Bless you guys! We are praying for all of you.

lil' mama said...

Thank you SO MUCH for the update! I've been thinking of you and your family! I hope you all are feeling better. I want to bring you a meal and meet sweet Emerson! I'll call you this week!

Unknown said...

What a sleepy little girl in the video! She's too cute ~ trying to suck on her hands. I hope you all are feeling much better this week. I can't wait to meet little Emerson!

Phil and Callie said...

Yay, I've been stalking your blog for days hoping to see more pictures! She is SOOOO cute! I loved the video:) I'm sorry you guys have all been sick...what rotten timing:( But it's great that Zane is adjusting so well. Congrats agin guys!

Lori Arnold said...

Who knew that watching a baby wake up could be so much fun!! :-)

SMB said...

The second picture looks so much like Zane. Emerson looks so little next to him. Thanks for the great update!