Saturday, August 22, 2009

Are We Home Yet?!?!

Here's 22 memorable things that made up our drive from Woodbury, MN to Castle Rock, CO:

1. 17 hours total travel time including driving and stops
2. 2 days
3. 1 night in a hotel in Kearney, Nebraska
4. Zane and Zack swimming at the hotel and Zane eating random snacks for dinner by the pool
5. lot's of sunflower seeds, snacks, and drinks
6. one adult driving and the other smashed between 2 car seats in the backseat to entertain kids
7. crying, crying, and more crying
8. Kanye West, Veggie Tales, and other music on the radio
9. Scooby Doo, Shrek, Cinderella, Thomas the Train, Kung Fu Panda, and other videos on the DVD player
10. tons of spills and stained clothes
11. fussing and complaining and saying, "I want to go home!"
12. feeding Emerson in the car and Zane running around parking lots
13. sleeping in one hotel room together, waking up at 6:30 am
14. Zack and me eating pizza in the hotel bathroom so we didn't wake up Z and E
15. 3 suitcases, 1 diaper bag, 3-4 other misc. bags, coolers, stroller, bed, lots of odds and ends
16. Zane being so worn out after the first day that he fell asleep with literally no sound in the hotel, thanks goodness because it didn't wake up Emerson
17. Zane asking for candy, specifically for Reeces Pieces, us saying no, him crying
18. crying, crying, and more crying
19. singing, games, playing, laughing, tickling, dancing and anything else to pass time
20. changing diapers in the car and in gas stations
21. Zane smiling for hours when we got home...he and Emerson were both SO happy
22. Zack and I decided that we will definitely fly next time!

Emerson did sleep a lot, but when she was awake she needed constant attention or she would start crying...what a baby!!
We thought of anything we could to entertain Zane. At one point, he just starting putting stickers anywhere he could think of, including all over his face and body. He was sticking out his tongue in concentration.
Just a quick glimpse into the driving insanity that we experienced...

9 comments:

Lori Arnold said...

It is a car trip you will definitely remember... and, in years to come, you will look back at it and laugh!!

lil' mama said...

Love the video!!! Oh my gosh, I don't ever want to do a road trip!!!!

MattandKate said...

My favorite is #14. Did you take a pic of that?

Phil and Callie said...

Oh my goodness, I feel SO BAD for you guys!!! That list is hilarious and so is the picture of Zane with the stickers all over his face. I'm really glad you got a video of the crying. You and Zack are too funny.

Ashley said...

I LOVE the video! (all things considered)

And #14 is probably the only thing that makes me want to get married someday.

I can't believe how big emmy is getting! The kids are gonna be so big next time I see them! (thanksgiving)

I'm sure the idea of taking another trip seems unfathomable to you right now, but please come visit me in Cali soon!

I miss you guys already!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Josie--and this poem on youtube will tell you the thanks you'll get!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EjB7rB3sWc

Anonymous said...

I remember those days, you will look back with fondness I promise!
Love you 4
Annie

Crystal said...

wowza! i couldn't help but laugh ... although i'm sure you guys didn't think it was too funny at the time. glad you made it back safe and sound! lincoln's my little flyin' fella ... after watching your video i'm not sure we ever want to drive to iowa!

DL said...

Love the video!