Thursday, December 10, 2009

Quick Comic Relief

Ok, maybe not so quick, but worth reading :)

Zane constantly goes into my closet to find shoes to wear and walk around in. Today, he went in and was digging for a while and then came out in some old, ugly, huge, strappy brown sandals and he said, "I'm Jesus!" Then, he thought about it and changed his mind and wanted to be Joseph instead. So, he was Joseph and wanted me to be Mary and got me some high heels so I could be in character. :)

Deciding if Santa is nice or scary is a constant battle these days and is a very common theme of our conversations. He likes to tell Emmy, "Don't worry, Emerson. Santa is a nice guy, not a scary guy." He says all the time that he's just a little scary, but he's nice. The other day, I said that Santa wasn't scary for some reason and Zane said, "Yeah, I know. Dada always tells me that!" I'll post pics of our 1st encounter of the season with Santa very soon.

Today, I was talking to Zane about something, and all of a sudden he said, "Mommy, please don't talk to me right now. It's boring to talk. I want to play better." and went down to start playing. Also, a few days ago, when we were playing a game, he said, "I don't want to play these games anymore. This isn't fun for me." Wow is he getting an opinion of his own or what.

He tells us that something isn't funny to him sometimes. But he also gets excited a lot and says, "This is really fun!" or "I'm so excited or happy." He's good at telling his emotions for sure.

One day, when I was Cinderella and he was the prince, he said, "Cinderella, will you please change my stinky diaper?"

While praying the other day, he thanked God for: the Nuggets, Bird Man (a player on the team), the table, his milk, Mommy, Daddy, Emmy, our house, and then kept looking around looking for more ideas and just kept going. Wish I could have caught it on video.

On the potty other day (we've been bribing like crazy and he still won't go!) when trying to go poop, he said, "Teach me how Mommy, I don't know how." He's been about an 8 month potty strike since he had a two week run.

He always says, "I'm JUST ..." Like when he opens the freezer and we ask him to close the door he says, "But I JUST want a popsicle." Or when he doesn't want his clothes on, he says, "I don't want my clothes, I JUST want my body."

He pretends that Emerson is talking and has conversations with her and then tells use what she said. Like, "Emerson said she likes the Christmas tree." The other day, he said, "No Emerson, don't touch the ornaments." and Zack said she couldn't because she's too small. Zane said, "I saw her!" The funniest is when he says, "No, no, no Emerson. That's dangerous." I must say no, no, no to him a lot.

He told me "I just farted a stinky one. You better watch out."

He tells people he's so happy to see them and everywhere we go he walks up to strangers constantly and waves and says hi.

He picks his stuffed animals' noses for them and let's them pick his and talks about each step while he's doing it.

When I went through the Starbucks drive through, he said, "Mmm, smells like coffee. I love coffee." I have no idea how he knew that!

Emerson Updates:
She's sitting up on her own.
Her two bottom teeth are almost all grown in.
She eats cereal twice a day and fruits/veggies three times a day. She's also starting to eat little puff snacks, but isn't quite sure about them yet.
She's very ticklish.
She has the loudest scream of any human being, any age, hands down.
I can barely hold her in her car seat anymore because she is SO heavy!!
She sleeps through the night (about 12 hours) and only cries for little bits briefly (Hallelujah!!!)
She also takes two pretty solid naps a day usually (another Hallelujah!!!)
She's sweet, sweet, sweet.

5 comments:

Lori Arnold said...

I love how Zane says he "just wants his body." It reminds me of when Matthew used to ask if we had our toes on... Another way of asking if we were barefoot!! :-)

lil' mama said...

You guys must laugh all day long with that sweet Zane! He cracks me up:) So happy that E is doing some good sleeping too!

Ashley said...

AWWW. I can't wait to see the little monkeys!
I love how you record all these updates. They'll be good to have around when Zane gets engaged and you need funny stories. :)

Phil and Callie said...

"JUST my body" too funny! Those are great and I love the video of Zane talking non-stop about Peter Pan:)

Unknown said...

I read these out loud to Stephen and we were cracking up! Good work, Cinderella!