Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What a Day!

My day today was so hilariously ridiculous and busy that I decided I had to record my adventures...

Zane and Emerson and I...
-Slept in until 8:00 and then loaded in the car and drove a half an hour to go to my Bible Study oh, almost an HOUR late!! ha ha
-Left there at 11:30 to go with friends eat lunch and play at the park but the weather was so nice that we just played and skipped the eating part. Emmy even grabbed and played with the sand, swung on the swings and tried the slide. The weather was perfect and we had a lot of fun.
-I fed Zane part of his lunch in the car on the way to his doctor's appointment, we got there at 1:00. I got all our stuff and them into the stroller, checked in a little early, so I could change Emmy's dirty diaper.
-By the way, Emerson still hadn't slept at all up until now, so was on the edge!!!
-Got to the waiting room 5 min. early so I decided I better try to nurse Emmy before the appointment so she didn't get too hungry, but one minute later they called me in. I asked if they could give us a few more minutes.
-She fell asleep eating so when I stopped she cried really hard and made a big scene...I walked into the office holding her with my hider still around my neck and pushing the stroller.
-His doctor's appt went well. I seriously let them both sit on the floor of the office and read books (GGRROOSSSSSSS!) Zane has Gastritis, the lining of his stomach and bowels are messed up from his flu so he's been having lot's of pain.
-By the end of the appt. I started smelling Emerson's next stinky diaper so went back down to the bathroom to change it. It was a blowout....so bad that I had to throw her shirt away.
-Went to the pharmacy to pick up our prescription. While we waited, I gave Zane the rest of his lunch while I finsihed nursing Emmy and fed her some veggies.
-Right as we got our medicine, Zane said he had to go poop on the potty, so we headed back to the bathroom again for the 3rd time. I rolled the whole stroller into the big stall and he pooped for literally 15 min.
-During that 15 minutes, Emmy screamed at least 20 times, Zane announced every sound and event, including that he was having diarrhea, and last but not least asked a bunch of questions about the poor girl who came in and was about to get sick (What's that noise? Who's that? What's she doing?)
- I realized I didn't have any clean diapers of Zanes so I put his pants back on with no diaper until we got back to the car, where I put on a clean diaper right outside the car before he got in. I was cracking up by then.
- We drove home and Emmy got a short nap and I ate my lunch in the car.
-Got home around 3:30!
-We played and cleaned up the house for an hour and a half and I changed another poopy diaper.
-At 5:00 we left for our small group in Monument, 30 min. away. Nobody slept in the car, so it was loud and whiny the whole time.
-While there, I changed another Emmy stinky diaper.
-Left Monument at around 7:30, drove home and Emerson fell asleep in the car but Zane still stayed awake!
-Put both kids to bed with no bath even though we had a super dirty day, and then came downstairs and watched Lost with my sister Jordan and brother-in-law Ben.

Wow, what a day!!!

3 comments:

Lori Arnold said...

You said it... What a day!! :-)

Ed said...

THIS is why being a stay-at-home Mom is the hardest job in the world. I know it is hard to believe sometimes, but you will actually look back on all of it with fondness.

Phil and Callie said...

I'm glad you were able to laugh about it! What a day! Is Zane feeling better now?