Sunday, June 12, 2011

Vail Getaway

My sister, Jordan, has been working like crazy as an OB doc resident. Last week she had a vacation and asked my other sister, Janelle and me if we wanted to get away on a mini vacation. We thought of a bunch of ideas, but ended up just wanting to head to the mountains for a few days.
So.... my sisters and I headed up to Vail, just the three of us on Sunday. We went out to a great dinner, stayed up late talking, slept in the next day, and hung out downtown. We had such a fun day together to get caught up and refreshed. I love that we're such great friends.
Then, later Monday afternoon, my mom and grandma brought the kids up to join us. We had the best few days just eating yummy food, playing, resting, etc. I want to do a girls (plus Zane) weekend again soon.

When Zane heard he was going to the mountains, he was set on packing his hat and scarf (and wanted to pack his whole snowsuit) because he was sure it was going to be cold and snowy. So, Zack compromised and sent some warm things for him and Emerson. He begged the whole drive up to hike up the mountains through the snow. So when they got up there, my mom took the two of them up the mountain to find snow.

I love this picture before they left to explore and search for snow...

Beautiful 75 degree sunny day, kids in shorts and T-shirts plus scarves and hats...
Zane and Nell snuggling...
We cooked and baked a bunch. The kids love to help with EVERYTHING! Here's Emmy stirring the oatmeal cookies.
And here's Emmy watching TV with an awesome diaper wedgie.

Emmy with her grandma
Jord and Zane
Zane drew a picture of Nellie and I think she imitated the expression well. The only difference is that in real life Janelle doesn't have her legs and arms sticking out of her head and only one patch of hair on the top of her head.
Unfortunately, the gondola wasn't open yet, the paddle boats at the lake weren't out, and then when we went to a really fun park, it was closed because of wet paint. We made the best of it and played on the smaller one, but were bummed.



Zane took a special hike with my mom, Jord, and Nell.

Snowball fight...







Then, we drove to Avon and hung out at the beautiful lake.





Investigating a roly-poly


My mom and Nell painted for an hour or so while the kids, Jordan, and I walked around the lake.

We made home-made ice cream and Zane and Emmy got to try it first. Here's their versions of an ice cream mustache
and beard
Rollers in her hair...
Thanks for a great time everyone!

1 comment:

lil' mama said...

I love how you and your sisters (and whole family for that matter) are so close. Fun trip! Thanks for sharing the pics and adventures :)