Wednesday, September 12, 2012

1st Day of Preschool and Dance

 Emmy had two big firsts last week.  These pictures are from her very first day of preschool.  On her first day, I was on my own all morning because Zack had an early meeting and it was also my first day watching little Molly (pics of her to come!) so our morning was a little crazy.
I love this first picture because Emmy is still finishing her breakfast and Smith is still in his pj's and diaper from the night before. LOL.  We did have to get out the door by 7:45 to get Zane to school first, so not too bad I'd say.
 
She wanted to wear her new Rapunzel shirt (her favorite princess) and florescent pink skirt.  She was beside herself with excitement and was soooo happy to be going.  She's been playing "school" at home forever now so it's about time.
 She looks so big in these pictures, I think. 

 She had a great first day.  She just walked right in and started playing, no problem.  I didn't even get emotional - probably because she was super ready and excited to be there.  I also had one baby crying in the stroller and the other trying to get out of it, so was a little bit distracted. :) She did sooo well and I haven't seen her so proud of herself and happy in a while.
 A few days later, Emmy got to go to her first day of dance class.  It's ballet, tap, and jazz all in one.  The first two are pics of her warming up at home (her idea).

 In the brochure, it said tennis shoes are fine and then we got there and almost all the girls had ballet AND tap shoes to change into half way through!!  I felt like the worst mom ever having her in her big tennies, but she didn't care at all.  Not even a little.  Not looking forward to when she's older and cares about stuff like that.  We ordered some for next time.
 She followed every single direction and really worked hard to do her best.  I literally cried because I was so proud of her and she was so dang cute out there giving it her all. (She's on the right).
 My favorite was right in the middle of learning a new dance move, she turned around and yelled, "Mommy, I really need a snack!"  Too cute.
Here's a video of some jazz action...

No comments: