Wednesday, June 17, 2009

TORNADO!

The other day, we had a pretty good storm blow in, bringing really hard hail, wind, and a tornado warning right in our area. Because I have a weird fear of storms, I decided I should take Zane and Emmy downstairs to be safe until it passed. Right when we got down there, Zane started getting into everything of course and Emerson was crying really hard. Then I looked over to the window and noticed the window well overflowing into our basement. Our basement had flooded in the past the same way, but it was supposed to have been fixed. Anyways, it was a flood!! Zane started playing in the water and getting soaked and I found a random bouncy seat to put Emerson in among the messy clutter in our basement. I got the shop vac out and just decided to vacuum up the water as it got close to anything. I did it for a half an hour. working up a sweat, while Emmy slept and Zane splashed in the flood. It worked and nothing ended up getting wet, except for Zane. I actually left Emerson sleeping there for a really super long nap. It was hilarious scene.

No comments: