Sunday, January 3, 2010

Zane is 2 1/2

My little guy is already 2 1/2 years old (tomorrow). I feel like I'm in complete shock about it. He is seriously the sweetest kid and he blows us away by how much he learns everyday. He's loving puzzles lately and is also really into books again. He also sings all the time, songs he knows and lot's that he just makes up. He jokes around with us a lot more now and gets our jokes sometimes. He's even starting his very first day of school (Kid's Day Out program) tomorrow. It will be one day a week for 3 1/2 hours, but I still feel nervous even though I know he will thrive so much and will love it! I'm totally going to be that mom who wants to hover...not really, but sometimes I think I might be. :) We just love him more than words can express!



Here are some funny things he's been saying lately. I know there are a million more, but there are just way too many to remember.

Yesterday, I couldn't understand a sentence Zane was saying. Before I could really ask him to repeat it, he said, "You can't understand me, Mommy? I'll say it again..." and then he kept saying it clearer and clearer until I got it.

He sings "Nice Lollipop" instead of "Feliz Navidad." He also says "Snurfs" instead of Smurfs, "Blockmonster" instead of Blockbuster, "Polar Explorer" instead of Polar Express, and "Nuppets" instead of Muppets.

When I wanted to listen to a Celine Deon Christmas song, Zane said he didn't like it and I said, "Well, isn't her voice pretty though?" and he said, "No, her voice is BORING though!"

When we ask him to do things he doesn't want to do, he often says, "Not right now. Maybe later, OK? I'm just doing a puzzle right now (or whatever he's doing."

He says, "That's for sure" after lot's of things and says, "actually" a lot.

He tells Emerson, "Listen to me, Emerson" or "Watch me, Emerson."

2 comments:

Phil and Callie said...

Fun updates! You've really inspired me to get mine updated:) Emerson is so big it's hard to believe Maylee will be doing all those things in a few months. I think Maylee is going to be a screamer too...those second kids have to find a way to get some attention! It looks like you guys and especially Zane had a great Christmas:)

SMB said...

I love his comment about the "boring" voice. So funny!