Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Michigan

It has been a month since we got back from our trip to Michigan and I finally decided I should post our pics from it.  I put all our pics up on Facebook and was dreading uploading them all again.
We had such a fun day in Chicago and then a few more days in New Buffalo.

The two older kids and I got to travel with Nell the first day and spend a day in Chicago. Smith got to travel later with Grandma and Grandpa (thank you!) and Zack came a couple of days later because of work.  It was an adventure!
Exploring the city...










That night we drove over to New Buffalo, MI, where we got to stay in Dave's family's house on the lake.
This was Smith's first time touching wet sand.  He didn't like it at first, but got pretty used to it by the end.
They were sooo cautious at first, and so was I!  We got more and more brave everyday. :)  I was nervous the whole time though - water just makes me nervous.



Sand bar - yeah!
King of the pool
Kayaking with Nell and Anthony
Getting buried.  I love Em's face - sooo happy.

Zane was nervous to do this and so asked Emmy to do it first.  He doesn't like playing in the sand very much so had to get past his worries.  I was proud of this guy.
Little buddies on the beach

Zane looks like such a big guy in this one - with Grandpa Dave





Enough sand toys?

We got to eat dinners out on the deck during sunsets.
Jetski with the kids was fun, but nerve racking!  Zane and I laughed and screamed the whole time and Emmy was pretty quiet.


This dude swam and swam ALL.DAY.LONG.



Snack time!



Emmy took this picture of us baking oatmeal cookies.

We were so happy to have Dada there! We had to take him out to see the beach.







Chasing a butterly




We had to spend a little time inside...Legos and puzzles

Body boarding
Chasing the pigeons




Oinks is our favorite ice cream shop





Look at Smith trying to steal of bite of Emmy's.


My little man and me



Ant and Nell
Emmy sure loved those pink goggles and she also loved spending lot's of time with her Grandma
Smores!!!






No comments: