Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Big Boy Bed and Other Updates

Big Boy Bed Update:
Ok, so Zane made it two weeks with a perfect record of not getting out of his new bed. We were so impressed with our little guy and just couldn't believe how lucky we were. We were congratulating each other on such an awesome feat, when suddenly it all changed!! We spoke too soon. Starting yesterday, and continuing right at this moment, Zane decided that getting out of his bed over and over and over is fun and exciting and that nap time is not for him anymore. Yesterday I put him back in bed for 2 1/2 hours and he never fell asleep!! Today, right now, I'm sitting outside his room just praying that he'll get tired enough and give up on the fight and go to sleep. If anyone has any brilliant ideas of something that may work, besides just putting him back again and again, please let me know. Man, what a stubborn dude. The biggest bummer is that Emerson has been taking amazing afternoon naps and instead of being able to get things done or have any kind of rest time, I've been working up a sweat putting Zane back in bed. Uggh.

Here are some other things lately:
*Zane has been loving playing with Emerson and has thought she's funny and fun (and the feeling is completely mutual). They entertain each other and laugh at each other a lot now. He takes care of her too, like by giving her toys and telling me when she's crying if I'm in the other room or rubbing her head or back and saying, "It's ok, Emerson" when she's fussing. He also asks to be sure she's coming all the time. When we were at the gym the other day, she was "jumping" on the trampoline with him and he was happier than ever and if other kids tried to jump too, Zane told them he only wanted Emerson (which isn't nice, but funny that he loves her so much).
He's also getting really good at sharing his toys with her and using his toys to talk to her in different voices. He even asked her if she wanted to play with his pants the other day while standing right by her. And he tells her what he's doing all the time, just in case she's wondering.
Watch this video...funny things to look for: Little Mermaid doll with no head, saying "Cheeese" when he thought I was taking a picture, Saying, "Here you go, Emmy" which sounds like thank you, Zane's toys in her lap.

Friends from Josie Weingartner on Vimeo.



* Zane started pointing and saying "Go away" to us and others, but now that he knows how much we hate it, when he accidentally says it, he interrupts himself and says hi instead to cover it up so we don't notice.

* When someone in a store asked him his name the other day, he said, "I'm Zane. Zane Weingartner. I'm two. I'm nice. I'm cute."

* When trying to go #2 on the potty the other day, he pushed and said, "I can't get it. It's really, really hard."

* When one of us says no to something, he asks for the other parents, or goes and asks them. Already scheming us!

* He says, "I'm so so happy!"

* In the car, when Emerson is screeching, Zane thinks she's trying to sing along and cracks up and says, "Emerson's singing, Mommy!"

* When Zack or I pass gas (I know, I know, gross) Zane asks us if we have a stinky diaper and checks his own diaper and asks if it's a stinky diaper.

* When we're getting ready to go places and he's waiting, he says, "I gotta get outta here!"

* When we're driving, he yells stop at stop lights and tells me when the light turns green. He also says, "We're going up (or down) a hill."

* When we were reading about dinosaurs the other day, I saw one and said, "That one is kinda weird." Now he says that all the time about dinosaurs and other things. Since he can't say his r's, it's so cute..."That's kinda weead"

* When he hurts himself he says, "Ow, ow, ow, ow, I got hurt." because that's what I do. :)

* He asks for the music loud when we're listening..."Loud, please!"

* When he smells anything bad, he says, "PU, I don't like that smell."

* He tries to "beat box" like a guy on TV, but he calls in "being a box." He says, "I'm being a box, Mommy (or Dada).

Emerson is screaming, grabbing everything, rolling all over, playing with her feet and ears, she gets the hiccups everytime she laughs, is eating rice cereal every night, has healthy normal kidneys (after getting some bummer tests done), and is taking good naps. When I listen to audio books, she looks all over the place looking for whose talking. She's still waking up at night... oh my.

1 comment:

Derrick, Shelbie, kai, Addalyn and Eli said...

I laughed hysterically at all of Zane's new skills and sayings! I can just picture them! Emerson rolls like a champ! Check out our post about Kai's b-day and see Zane shaking his money maker in the video!!! So cute.