Thursday, September 10, 2009

Growing up!

I feel so so far behind on my blog because of not having a camera. Luckily because of generous, generous, friends we were able to get a new camera so I'm ready to post, post, post. You wouldn't think that much goes on during a two week period, but a lot really does happen when you have a toddler and baby!!!
One thing I really want to do is to write down the funny things that Zane keeps saying so later I can look back and read them. It's a daily thing that he's saying new funny and smart things. Like today he put on his backpack and walked up to the door and said, "I'm ready to go on the school bus. I gotta go to school. Ready, Mommy?"
I also HAVE to do better at catching all of Emerson's firsts. I don't want to be that mom that takes a million pictures and keeps track of everything for my fist kid and then just does whatever for my second.

Saying that, Zane and Emerson are both getting so big and having some "firsts!" Emerson is growing a bunch. She just turned 4 months old and weighs 15 lbs and is 26 in. long, which puts her in the 90th %tile for weight and 97th for height. She just started getting really good at sitting up on her own with just a little help and she can sit in her Bumbo seat all alone. The other day, she started rice cereal. The video is of her very first try. Seriously, by the end of that bowl of rice, she was basically eating perfectly. Zack and I were both in shock. She chowed it down and was grabbing my hand to shove the spoon into her mouth. I had to make more for her. The second day, I think she forgot how to do it again, but that's ok. She'll get it soon. We're hoping it will help her to sleep longer at night.




First Bites of Rice Cereal from Josie Weingartner on Vimeo.


Zane recently got his own bike, one that actually has pedals that he can reach. We still have to push him from behind because he doesn't have the pedaling thing down yet, but I love how he feels so free and independent on it. He's been wanting a bike forever, but all the ones we've tried have been too big. We've made lot's of trip around the block and to the park already.

On the way home from the park, it started raining so we all put our hoods on. :) I know, we're dorks!
In this video, first he sees a doggie. Then he says, "I gotta go on a walk." When he rings the bell, he says, "Excuse me" because I taught him to say, "Excuse me, coming through" and ring the bell when someone is in the way, which hasn't happened of course, but funny that he says it. At the end he was saying he wants to go in the water (puddle).

Bike Riding from Josie Weingartner on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

They are so adorable!

I am very jealous of you guys getting your hoodies out already...it is still in the 90s here.

Ashley said...

I miss you guys :(
I can't believe how big the kids are getting!

Lori Arnold said...

There is something about seeing Zane riding a bike and Emerson eating that make them both look so grown up!!

Derrick, Shelbie, kai, Addalyn and Eli said...

So cute Josie. The bike looks so fun and I can't believe Emerson is eating cereal already....seems too soon for our babies to grow up!!!!!