Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Updates

Our camera is broken!!!!! My worst nightmare. I feel like I just lost the past week of my kids' lives because I couldn't take any pictures. Dang it.

For now, here are some recent things about Zane and Emerson:

Zane:
* He reads whole books by himself, with expression and everything. His two favorites to read are "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you See?" and "The Seals on the Bus."
* His sentences are getting longer and clearer everyday. I cannot even believe our conversations now.
* He's super super super picky about food right now. I need to start sneaking nutritious foods into his favorites again.
* All day, he says, "Watch this, Mommy" and "Do you wanna play, Mommy?" and "Wanna come, Mommy?"
* He can say his first and last name, Emmy's and our first and last names, and my sisters' and husbands' (or fiance's) first and last names...he also knows names of friends and their mom's names too. :) He's just gotten really good at remembering names when he sees people and also listing them when he's away from them.
* He can tell me about the Bible story he hears about in church on Sundays and he's right.
* He can have a pretty normal conversation on the phone with people now and wants to make real phone calls.
* He can play a Sesame Street computer game all by himself, knowing which buttons to push (either a key or the mouse button)
* He wants band aids a lot now for his "owies" and if he sees any owie on me, he asks if I want a band aid.
* The other day I told him his pajamas were almost too small and he said, "Yeah, they're almost Emerson's."
* When we went to the doctor for Emmy's checkup, he told her, "Just Emerson, not me," like to be sure she knew that he didn't need to be seen or get any shots.
* He likes the "Fresh Beat Band" on Nickelodeon a ton and sings and dances with them amazingly well. He bangs his drums on our ottomen (how the heck do you spell that) and has to make sure everything is off of it first.
* He understands what I'm saying almost always when I reason with him now or explain why.
* He's my sweet sweet little guy who I love so much.


Emerson:
* She's 4 months old now, is 26 in. long, and weighs 15 lbs. She's in the 97th %tile for height and 88th %tile for weight. She's growing out of some of her 3-6 month clothes already!!! She's still in a size 2 diaper, but may be moving on from that soon too.
* She likes to be held up high in the air and get dropped down...it's a sure bet for a smile or giggle.
* She still wakes up at least once a night to eat and a few other times and has to get soothed back to sleep...uggh! The doctor said she shouldn't need to eat at night anymore though, so we're going to try to let her start crying it out. ( I hope it works).
* She smiles at herself in the mirror.
* She hates the car and carseat, but after fussing enough usually can't resist falling asleep.
* She is pretty sturdy sitting up when we prop her up and holds her head pretty steady.
* We haven't yet, but need and want to move her into her own room VERY soon...hope this week.
* She has to be in the middle of what's going on, or she gets upset.
* Her eyes are still extremely blue, just like Zack's. :)
* She's my sweet sweet little girl who I love so much.

2 comments:

Clueless_Mama said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lori Arnold said...

Josie, you are such an amazing mom!! Just continue enjoying the little everyday things because those are the things memories are made of!!