Monday, September 14, 2009

Big Boy Bed!!

My sweet little baby boy is officially a big boy now. He made the transition to his big bed last night and is right now, at this moment, attempting his second night. I hear some jumping around, so I'm just really hoping it goes as well as the first night and first nap (which were both basically perfect.) This is sort of the rough draft of his bed...we haven't gotten the head board on yet and once it gets colder, we'll add the baseball team comforter. We also added the railing after these pictures were taken. When he was trying it out, he pulled the sheets all the way up to his chin and asked us to turn off the lights. He also really did not want his pajamas on ( I have no idea why) so he slept in his diaper. Every time we went in to cover him up, his body was laying all over the place in different directions, just like in his crib. So cute.

We got to read some books together in bed, which I LOVED. That was much better than reading on the floor, which is where he always wants to read instead of in his comfortable glider chair. And it just felt good to snuggle in together.

My Big Boy Bed!!


By the way, on this same night, we decided that we had to start letting Emerson cry it out when she woke up. She's been waking up way too much and I've been giving in and feeding her because she acts starving. She slept from about 8:30 - 3:30 and then woke up ready to eat, but instead I just let her cry (and gave her a paci every once in a while). Although, she dozed off a few times for a few minutes, she ended up crying until 5:00. Then she slept until 7:30. So, it wasn't too bad. I'm hoping she cries less tonight and then even less tomorrow and so on until she sleep all the way through the night (our dream come true!). I had a stomach ache the whole time she cried and was wide awake, but if it works, then it's worth it!! We left the crib in Zane's room for now just in case, but once he's doing well consistently in his new bed, we'll move it into Emerson's room and then we'll have our own room space back, which I'm really looking forward to.

1 comment:

Phil and Callie said...

I really want to do a toddler bed for Mira for that reason of being able to sit and read with her, etc. Glad it's going well with Zane. The video is so cute, you can tell he's excited:) Let us know how Emerson does!