Sunday, December 5, 2010

Imagination

I know I've written about this a lot - and I'm going to write about it again because it's a really huge part of all of our lives. Zane's imagination is remarkable! We basically imagine something for everything we play now. I love it. We all have roles that he assigns to us for every game that he wants to play. Usually, our games come from books or TV shows, but a lot of times now he makes it up. Like, I'll be a bear and he'll be a kid trying to find me fish to eat, or whatever he can think of. He uses toys and things around the house for props and comes up with awesome ideas all the time. Now, he always says that he writes "imagination games" for us and let's us pick from a list of choices. After we pick one, we have to sing a theme song for it, and then we play. When we stop, he says, "Ok, we can pause our game for now."

Anyways, I wanted to ask him about all of our roles in some of the games we play lately and then I looked back and found another video of him from over a year ago when he was doing the same thing. I didn't realize he's been playing in a similar way for well over a year now.

"Imagination Games" from Josie Weingartner on Vimeo.

Here he is over a year ago mostly talking about him being Peter Pan, me being Wendy, Emerson being Captain Hook, and an alligator who will bite Captain Hook's hand. He said, "I'll be Peter Pan, that's ok." He just went on and on and on...which he does now, just on a much bigger level. :)

Late Fall 2009 from Josie Weingartner on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Ed said...

Your post reminds of the wonderful time, which lasted a year or two, where we would pretend to act out Beauty and the Beast with Matthew. He was always the Beast, Lori was Belle and I was Gaston. We would sing the songs and there were even "special effects" which essentially was me covering Matthew in a blanket, lifting him with one hand and spinning him on that hand and pulling off the blanket to reveal him as the handsome prince.