Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

This year for Thanksgiving, we got to pack up and fly to Minnesota for the week to visit Gigi and Papa (my in-laws) and Aunt Becca, Uncle Chris, and Fisher (my sister-in-law, brother-in-law and nephew). Zane wanted to ride in the suitcase.
They both did pretty well on the plane. They were wiggly, energetic, and restless leading up to the flight, but once we were up in the air, they were fine. Zane helped Emmy up to look out the window.
Here's Zane and Emmy with their cousin Fisher, Uncle Chris and Papa eating breakfast.
Silly glasses.
One day, we went to an indoor playplace which they loved. There were a couple huge slides that Zane went on over and over and I climbed up and went with him a few times. I tried once to bring Emmy up with us and the three of us went on a fast one and she did NOT like it. She had fun on other things though.


Reading at the library.
Hanging out with Dad and little Fisher.


We tackled the Mall of America one day. There were so many fun rides. Emmy wasn't sure at first and cried through the first few, but then started loving them and crying when she had to get off. Almost all of our pictures were blurry so I'll have to add some good ones when I get them from Chris.




Zane and I were both screaming through this fast car one. This was Emmy's first ride, so she was crouched in with Gigi behind us looking very shocked.

Zack and Becca

Out at a fun sushi dinner.
Just hanging out at the house.
We ventured outside one morning and with wind chill it was close to zero degrees, so Zack and Emmy only wanted to stay out for about 2 minutes, but Zane and I stayed out for a while to go sledding. I'll post the videos next.


Thanksgiving dinner... Thanks for a fantastic time, guys!
We took both kids to see "Tangled" and purposely went during Emmy's naptime in hopes that she would sleep through it, but she stayed up the whole time. She was sucked in for about 45 minutes and then wanted to run around so we just took turns walking in the halls with her for the rest of it. Zane was so sweet. At a sad/scary part, his lip started quivering and he ran over to me and said, "Mommy, I just feel so bad that they got Rapunzel." He could barely talk because he was about to cry. I had to reassure him that she would get saved and at the end he said he felt happy again. He was just so into the movie! Here's Emerson with her cup of popcorn.
At home, helping me unpack.

No comments: